Walt Disney World’s 20th Anniversary Press Kit reflects a very exciting time in the history of Walt Disney World.
Let’s turn the handle and see what pops up.
Roger Rabbit! A character now sadly absent at Walt Disney World.
Inside is a packet of information, and a small calendar covering park hours for the three gates at that time: The Magic Kingdom, Epcot Center, and Disney-MGM Studios. It covers the period from October 1991 to January 1992.
- An overview of some of the new surprises awaiting guests, such as “Spectromagic” and “Jim Henson’s Muppet Vision 3-D”.
- 20 reasons to visit Walt Disney World, such as “Surprise in the Skies” a daytime extravaganza above and around Epcot’s World Showcase, and “Sorcery in the Sky”, a fireworks display at Disney-MGM Studios.
- 2 pages of Milestones, Attendance Marks, and Attraction Opening dates.
- Park statistics and employment info. 33,000 employees at that time!
- Pricing. A one day ticket? $33. 4 day pass? $111. Annual Pass? $190!
- Personalities available for interviews, such as Michael Eisner, Frank Wells, Jeffrey Katzenberg, and Roy E. Disney.
- A list of the celebrities that would be in the “Parade of Stars” in the 20 Year Homecoming Celebration at Disney-MGM Studios. Stars such as, Sally Struthers, Art Linkletter, and Eva Gabor!
- Golf Course info
- Information about a new concept in family vacationing called the Disney Vacation Club.
And if that wasn’t enough, there is a plethora of 8×10 glossy photographs, with information on the back.
The 20th Anniversary “Surprise” Celebration Parade:
Also included is a Vacation Guide:
I hope you enjoyed this trip with me down memory lane!